Special Events Coordinator / Seasonal Summer 2014
The Special Events Coordinator for the Reno-Tahoe Open plans and oversees events relating to the annual PGA TOUR event. This position works directly with the Director of Marketing & Special Events to ensure that events are professionally planned and run seamlessly. The Special Events Coordinator is a seasonal position ideally running May 15 – August 15, 2014. The team member who joins us will have the opportunity to work in the exciting field of sports for the world’s most powerful sports brand and receive a competitive salary.
Responsibilities of the Special Events Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfillment of event specifics from start to finish including catering, seating, décor together with signage and sponsor visibility, A/V, rehearsals, training and managing of volunteers, greeting and acting as the go-to person for talent, coordination of photography, creation of speaking points, RSVPs, check-in, and so on;
- Overseeing, training and managing numerous volunteers and staff members as it relates to events, including occasional evening meetings with committees;
- Logistics and coordination relating to proper item/gift/program distribution;
- Working alongside Operations staff in fulfilling activities and details relating on-site auxiliary activities such as Wine Walk and Kids’ Tree House, acting as the point-of-contact for each of these events;
- Coordination of PGA TOUR player and player family hospitality such as Player Family Barbeque, Player Wives Poker Tournament, child care;
- Conscientious adherence to budgets;
- Oversee hotel room blocks for various entities.
- Amazing attention-to-detail with an uncanny ability to foresee and troubleshoot potential complications;
- Ability to multitask and handle heavy workload in a fast pace environment;
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution (may be substituted by strong work history in events field);
- Minimum of 1 year event planning experience;
- Immaculate record-keeping ability, remarkable organizational strategies, excellent time management skills, great communicator;
- Take-charge attitude while remaining gracious under pressure;
- A knack for working within a team environment;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite;
- Must have reliable transportation that will take you to Montreux Golf & Country Club throughout tournament/pre-tournament preparations.
- This is a Seasonal Position from May 15 – August 15, 2014;
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends during this timeframe, particularly July 26 – August 03, 2014 when days may stretch to 18-20 hours per day;
- This position requires long periods of sitting, walking, standing, and occasionally lifting up to 20 pounds, repetitive motion such as folding and bending.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references by end of day Thursday, April 17, 2014 to email@example.com. No phone calls please.